Around 3 years after releasing his first album, Sam Smith is back with a new song and a new album to come soon. I’m not quite sure how to pin this track, to be honest. I think it’s a sad song, and it is, but at the same time it depicts strength? Although it seems to be a strength forged by pain–so I guess this adds to the sadness? Regardless, his voice is so unique and beautiful, and adds so much more emotion to his track. Check it out! 🎶
So. I got nominated for an award called the Liebster Award. 😲 What this is is a chain internet reward that is passed on from one blogger to another. It is primarily awarded to newer blogs, or blogs that have a small following of around 200 or less. It is a way of recognizing new bloggers and helping them stand out in the blogging community. 😄
Liebster is a word of German origin, with several translations that include dearest, sweetest, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome. It’s a great way to describe what the award stands for. 😄
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
I was nominated by the lovely Louise of ItsLouLou and I’m very very grateful. Go check out her blog! 😄 She gave me a list of questions to answer, and following these are a few facts about myself. Here we go. . .
- What is your favourite type of snack?
- It depends. If you’re talking about something savory, I’d say chips. If something sweet, I’d say Ice Cream (specifically mint chip or coffee crumble). 😂
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
- Nope. And I really wouldn’t want to. 😳
- What is your favourite colour lipstick to wear?
- I tend to go for mauvey nudes or really dark vampy lips. 😘
- If it was your last day on earth, what would you do?
- I would try to fit in a visit to everyone that mean the world to me. 😁
- What is your earliest memory of when you were younger?
- Describe your proudest moment…
- As of right now? It’s probably graduating from college. It was a really rough ride full of ups and downs, and so many times that I just wanted to give up. I made it though, through all of that, and I’m proud of myself. 😁
- If you were a cocktail, what cocktail would you be?
- In the Philippines, we have this cocktail called weng weng, and it’s a mishmash of a lot of different alcohols. I think I would liken myself to this, because there are many sides to myself, and I might not look like much, but put together, I am nice, strong, and unexpected. 😂
- What is your favourite season, and why?
Some facts about me:
- I love to cook and sharing what I cook with others. 😁
- My dream is to one day open up my own cafe somewhere. 😊
- I have a huge collection of plush toys that all mean a lot to me. 😊
- I spend waaaay too much time on Youtube (and watching anime). 😂
- I have way more lipsticks than I need (but they’re so preeeeetty). 😂
- I’ve studied in one area all my life–from preschool to university. 😲
- Japan is one of my favorite countries, and I plan to have trips there a lot in the future. 😍
- Since learning about it in Asian history class in high school, I’ve wanted to visit the Maldives. I still do. One day, I will. 😁
- I’m always on the look out for really good burgers 😆
- I crave for sweet things after every meal. 😢 😂
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- The Wild Prose
- Dream Walden
- Bound For Places
- Dom Bagnoche
- Beauty From Burnt Toast
- Trilla Mira
- Life with Beven
- Set Free With LB
- Something Shannon
- Bianca Danise
I have 10 questions for you to answer 😊
- Do you have a tattoo/tattoos? What is/are the story/ies behind it/them?
- If not, would you get any tattoos? Why or why not? What would you get?
- What’s your favorite dish/cuisine?
- Where would you go for holiday if you had 1 week and unlimited resources?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- If you had one super power, what would it be and why?
- Which social media site/application can you not live without?
- What’s your ideal Friday/Saturday night?
- If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, past or present, who would it be and why?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What keeps you going?
The instructions for accepting this award and passing it on are as follows:
- Create a new blog post on your blog thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog, and put in a graphic of the award. (You can use the same one in this post 😊)
- Answer the questions that were provided, and then share some facts about yourself.
- Create a new set of your own questions for others to answer.
- Nominate ten others and share your blog post with them so they can accept their award! 😁
Thank you everyone for sharing your blogs with me and the rest of the world! 🌎 And thank you for sticking with me. 😊
’til next time,
The reunion is finished, and my relatives have gone back to their home states, but like I said–my adventure isn’t over just yet. If you wanna catch up on the other posts in this series, go ahead and click here. In late March, my family and I spent about a week in California reuniting with friends and family, and taking a break from Illinois life–these are my travel diaries. 😊
This day started in a bittersweet manner. The flight of the last of my uncles that visited was this morning, so I, along with some of my relatives who live in CA, brought him to the airport first thing. After we said goodbye, and my uncle went inside the airport, we drove off to the adventure of the day–SeaWorld. 😊
Earlier that week, my aunt let me know that they were going and asked if I wanted to come along. After some time, I thought that it was a place I haven’t been to and it would at least be a fascinating experience. That was a good choice, it turns out. I saw so many amusing things–so many cute animals and cool presentations. 😊
We got on the SeaWorld SkyTower, where we got the chance to see the whole of SeaWorld and beyond it. It was pretty scary considering how high we were going, but it was also a very magnificent view of everything. 😊
There were also two rides–both of which looked very fascinating and at the same time very scary. My cousin and myself got to ride one, The Manta, and it is possibly one of the scariest experiences of my life thus far. 😳
And of course, I couldn’t resist taking photos of at least some of the greenery. 😆
I know there’s some controversy with how these creatures are treated but, at least from what I observed, I’m hopeful that that isn’t the case. This was a really fun and exhausting day that ended with dinner at my other tita’s house where I ended up playing card games with my younger cousins. 😊
This trip is coming to a close. Just one more day touristing, and then it’s back to Illinois. I thank you so much for keeping up with me and this series. I’m very very grateful. 😄
’til next time,
I saw this song on Spotify and wondered what song has a number for a title, and whether or not the number was real. I didn’t get to hear the track fully until this morning, but it struck me, and I’ve listened to it about two more times since. This song tackles a very important issue in the world, something that should not be ignored. It’s lyrics are pretty heavy, but very very real. It’s a track that inspires hope, and spreads the message that regardless of how you feel, there is someone that will be there for you. It’s a really nice track and I’m glad I came across it. Check it out! 🎶
Many of us have heard this term before–it refers to people who are very critical when it comes to grammar–sticklers when it comes to the English language. This week, we’re going the indie route again with this quirky song that tackles this struggle. I find it to be really amusing, with its witty lyrics and catchy tune. Check it out! 🎶
Welcome back! In the last post, we started with the second day of my family reunion. If you want to check that out, or any other post in this series, go ahead and click here. We’ve taken in the view and the air in Mt. Helix, and we’ve gone home to take some time to relax as we waited for the next event. 😊
The Filipino culture is one of community–even to the point of some opening their homes during fiestas and inviting strangers to grab a bite. Also exemplifying this is something called a boodle fight–a giant spread of food on top of banana leaves. The idea is that everyone stands around the table, and everyone, at the same time, eats off of the spread with their hands. This was the next event of our day. 😄
While most of us were lounging around, some of the tita‘s and tito‘s fired up the grill to start cooking the seafood and meat for the boodle. The comment later that night was that something that took hours to prepare was devoured in minutes. It was such a fun dinner, and the time-lapse that was taken was funny to watch. This was the aftermath (about 10-15 minutes later). 😆
It was a pretty quick dinner, filled with laughter and good food. The night wasn’t over though–the family decided to make more out of the day and go bowling. That was the end of the family reunion. When we got home that night, most of our relatives started packing their things, readying them for their departure the next day. It was a pretty short reunion, but it was very very sweet. 😊
This wasn’t the end of my adventure tho. 😉
’til next time,
Let’s take a major throwback today. The past week has had me craving for music that I used to listen to when I was in high school (about seven years ago). So when I heard this song again on the radio, my brain just screamed YEEEEESSSS. So I noted it down on my phone and played it several more times since. It’s a really nice jam to laugh and just dance around to. Check it out! 😆 🎶